Welcome to Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool
A charity run by volunteers for the benefit of the community
PLEASE NOTE: The Pool is now closed. We look forward to welcoming you again in May 2024. Thank you for your support.
Trustees are thrilled to share the news that our incredible volunteers have been awarded the King's Award for Voluntary Service ! See full news story below
Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool opened in 1870 in a picturesque location next to Cirencester Park, located on Riverside Walk.
depth 0,75m) for young children. There is a patio for relaxing with a tuck shop selling drinks and snacks. The pool water is supplied from a natural spring, heated to an average temperature of 26°C.
There are range of different swimming activities on offer to suit everyone including:
- General Swims: These sessions are for everyone including families and children. A swimming lane can be requested during these sessions. Weekday mornings, bookable.
- Drop-in Swims: For all the family, weekday afternoons and all day from 10:30am at the weekends. No pre-booking, just turn anytime and pay on the gate.
- Lane Swims: For adults who prefer to swim in lanes. There are fast, medium and slow lanes available. Pre-booking is required.
- Aqua Aerobics: Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. These are fun, instructor-led exercise sessions with music. Pre-booking is required.
- Inclusive Swims: Sunday mornings during school term time and with an additional Tuesday morning session during the summer school holidays. These sessions are only for people with 'specific requirements' and those who find it daunting swimming with large groups of people.
- Adult with Pre-School Children Swim: Two sessions on Tuesday during school term time and one session in the summer school holidays. This is for adults with pre-school aged children. Only the small pool will be available. Please note that during the second session, Aqua Aerobics will be on in the main pool so there will be music.
Please note: We are located in a pedestrianised area, there are no car parking facilities available on site. However, there are numerous convenient public car parks in the town. Most of these car parks only take card payment.
Click on Title for more details.
- Tue 14 Nov 2023
Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool receives The King’s Award for Voluntary Service
This is the highest award a local voluntary group can receive in the UK... Read full article
- Tue 07 Nov 2023
Share your Pool stories & memories
... Read full article
We are looking for people to share their pool stories and memories, which we will use for range of purposes including a community board at the pool, fundraising, grant applications and advertising.