Welcome to Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool
The swimming pool is located on the edge of Cirencester Park in the heart of the Cotswolds in this historic Roman town (known as 'Corinium'). Originally opened in 1869, the pool is fed by natural spring water, heated to an average temperature of 27°C. Together with a children's paddling pool and sunbathing patio, our pool offers you a wonderful swimming experience in a fantastic location.
Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool is a UK registered charity, operated and managed entirely by volunteers in their spare time.
We are now closed for the winter
We look forward to welcoming you back for our 2022 summer season Thursday 19th May 2022
To keep up date with what is happening over the winter please subscribe for our newsletter below.
- 19 September 2021 2022 Season Ticket Offer - Get your season ticket for 2022 at 2021 prices. Offer ends 30th September https://t.co/dRgpskUZP1
- 12 September 2021 Today is the last day of our 2021 season. Thank you to everyone who has supported us this season
What's on Offer
We cater for all kinds of swimmers from fitness training and Aqua Aerobics through to swims for families with young children and inclusive swims for people with difficulties swimming in large groups. Our Tuck Shop is open during normal hours for snacks, hot and cold drinks and ice creams.
- Aqua Aerobics - Our Aqua Aerobics sessions are fun exercise sessions with music and "encouragement" from our pool team!
- Family Swims - Primarily for families with young children. The whole pool including the children's pool and patio area is open. Tables and seating are provided for picnics. The Tuck shop is open for snacks, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc.
- Fitness Swims - For people who want to improve their fitness and swimming technique. There are fast, medium and slow lanes are available.
- General Swims - 2 lanes available for lane swimming (all abilities). Rest of pool is available for open swimming.
- Inclusive Swims - For people with 'Specific Requirements'.
For our timetable and more information go to Visitor Information Page.