Welcome to Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool
The swimming pool is located on the edge of Cirencester Park in the heart of the Cotswolds in this historic Roman town (known as 'Corinium'). Originally opened in 1869, the pool is fed by natural spring water, heated to an average temperature of 27°C. Together with a children's paddling pool and sunbathing patio, our pool offers you a wonderful swimming experience in a fantastic location.
We provide a broad range of swimming activities including:
- Aqua Aerobics - Fun exercise sessions with music and "encouragement" from our resident aqua aerobics' instructor and the rest of the pool team!
- Family Swims - Primarily for families with young children. The whole pool including the children's pool and patio area is open. Tables and seating are provided for picnics with the Tuck shop is open for snacks, hot and cold drinks, ice creams etc.
- Fitness Swims - For people who want to improve their fitness and swimming technique. Fast, medium and slow lanes are available.
- General Swims - 2 lanes available for lane swimming (all abilities). Rest of pool is available for open swimming.
- Inclusive Swims - For people with 'specific requirements' and those who find it difficult swimming with large groups of people.
Cirencester Open Air Swimming Pool is a UK registered charity, operated and managed entirely by volunteers in their spare time.
We are now closed for the winter
We look forward to welcoming you back for our 2022 summer season.
- 08 November 2021 Pool Autumn Update #News https://t.co/acudmOY9Zb
Follow us on Social Media
The Provisional date for our 2022 season opening is Thursday the 19th May. However, this date could change if circumstances dictate. Keep up to date by making sure you are signed our e-newsletters.